Thursday, May 7, 2009

Texas Lantana - Lantana horrida

This Texas Lantana - a great plant if you want to take pictures of butterflies who love it. Bright orange and yellow combine to brighten up any landscape. You will need to cut back in the fall or early spring otherwise it takes care of itself all year long. Harvest seeds easily. Blooms before Rock Rose and Fall Asters. Great bush. Looks lovely planted in front of Yellow Bells Esperanza ( Tecoma stans).

June 24th - I just saw my first Giant Swallowtail in my yard on a Lantana. It was absolutely beautiful. I normally would not have been out in the yard at this time of day . . . 1:00 PM, but my friend and I wanted to take a quick walk to see the beautiful flowers and there it was just sitting of a Lantana on the north side of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment